After an eight-month pause, we are resuming our monthly work parties! We have had a couple small groups out on the trail in the past few weeks, and believe we can have a safe and constructive work party if we follow safety protocols and limit participation.
RTF board member John Lewis will lead a physically distanced COVID-style trail work party this Saturday, November 14, from 9:00-11:00 AM. We will be working on drainage issues and maintenance on the trail near Old Ivy Road to address the muddy sections and prepare the trail for the winter wet season.
For safety purposes, we are limiting this trail work to the first 10 volunteers who sign up using this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bmkeAKMJekYyLpZn2ootXquOdpFN4lTTf4M0oTnYUr0/edit?usp=sharing
Date/Time: Saturday, November 14, 9:00-11:00 AM
Location: Meet at the RTF Shed at 8:45 AM or at the UVA Copy and Printing Services parking lot at 9:00 AM.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED and attendance is limited for safety. Use the link above to register. Add your name and email contact to any available volunteer slot on the form. If all slots are full, registration is closed. If you missed it this time, please watch for our similar trail work day next month.
- Wear a mask. Once we’re spread out on the trail, we’ll remove masks for comfort, but masks are required when we’re together as a group.
- Practice physical distancing at all times. Maintain at least 6 feet distance from others.
- Registration is limited to 10 people for safety against COVID-19.
- Wear sturdy shoes/boots and gloves.
- RTF will provide tools to use for this event. Do not trade tools with others.